Day #1 : Read him the new Potty book I bought for him and was very surprised and excited when he wanted to go sit on his potty. He sat on the potty for about 20 minutes and I think even he was surprised when he accidentally peed on the floor. After that he was done. (I didn't feel like I could give him a prize for peeing on the floor. I don't want him to think it's OK to pee on random objects)

The book I bought for Braiden, but when I read
it I put his name in place of the little boys in the story.
it I put his name in place of the little boys in the story.
Day #2 : He came up to me and told me he wanted to "pup on the poddy". Again I was way excited and surprised and we rushed to the potty. He sat there for and hour, read his potty story and many others, and to both our disappointment NOTHING.
Day #3 : Again he told me he wanted to "pup on the poddy". He sat on the potty for 15 minutes then once again peed on the floor, (our little potty is defective, it doesn't quite do what it's supposed to, if you know what I mean...) five minutes later he said he was done and he didn't want to sit there anymore. He stood up, and to my surprise he'd peed in the potty!
I was more excited than he was. Unfortunately, this meant showing him how to flush the real toilet. I've avoided this so far, but now he knows how to "push the button".
So we had our first success! I hope it is followed by many more, and soon. Sadly for me he has yet to "pup in the poddy". I'm looking forward to that day and no more changing his stinky diapers! :)
Not to happy about Mom invading his privacy by taking his picture. But as a Mom you have to document these big events. He may not even appreciate it when he gets older but I will :0)

1 comment:
Lucky. I can't believe he is going potty and he is not even 2 yet. Logan will sit on it for hours and do nothing. It's so frustrating!
Post a Comment