Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Traveling

Today we are headed off to Utah. An almost five hour drive with the kids isn't always the most fun thing in the world. Although Braiden has gotten better about traveling in the last few months, and at the moment at least Emma will sleep most of the trip. Tomorrow we will add five more hours of driving to our log. We are headed to my Grandparents house in Nampa Idaho. I'm just glad that that portion of our drive will be with my parents...they always seem to buffer the drive. I'm looking forward to our little vacation this long weekend, mostly for the hot tub and the shopping:)

I'm always looking for new ideas on how to entertain the kids (Mainly Braiden at the moment) in the car. To make the traveling nice for the parents as well as the kids. Any one have any tips or ideas? They'd be much appreciated:)

4 comments:

SMILES2ALL said...

if you have a portable dvd player take that with a bunch of fun kid movies. or if you have a lap top take that. If you have an inverter you will need that to keep your lap top charged. also you could try making up a car bingo type game. with items he could notice a blue truck or a trailer etc. and you could even have little prizes for him if he can find everything on the page. like a sucker, or another small treat.

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

We would go to the dollar store and stock up on kids junk that they think is cool. Don't give it to Braiden all at once, give him one think at a time to play with and then when he gets bored, pull something out thats fun.

Nanette said...

I wish I was coming with you. Sounds like fun. At least Aaron is in the car with you this time. Ethan wants me to write his name. I know, that was random. I'm trying to think what could entertain Braiden. Definitely movies and maybe some toys that make a lot of noise. I'm not really sure. It just depends on what he likes.

Becca said...

Does Grandpa have a hot tub? That sounds like a fun trip, have fun! I don't have ideas yet since Avery's only 33 months old. Maybe play games, have him search for things outside and stuff that's what we did when we were little and went on road trips, just played games. When they get older it'll be easier because they can entertain each other!