Monday, February 21, 2011

My 24th Birthday


I very much had mixed emotions about turning 24. But I can honestly say that when it finally came around I had the best day, and I was so happy:) The Night before Aaron and the kids took me out to dinner and it was delicious! It was fun spending the day with my little family...the shopping and getting my ears pierced were nice as well!:)

The Fam at Village Inn


The morning before my big day we headed down to Rocksprings. Aaron has been working there for about two months now, and since Aaron had two basketball games the next morning we decided to stay in a hotel that night so we wouldn't have to get up so early on my birthday and travel. The first thing we did the morning of my birthday was head over to Aaron's church ball games. They did so well, and even one the second one 94-62! It was awesome! :)

This was just funny. One of the players got his glasses knocked off and lost a small piece. It was just funny to see all of the "tough basket ball players" on their hands and knees:)

After the games were over Aaron was so nice and humored me while I went shopping for my Birthday. On a whim I ended up deciding to get my ears pierced. Aaron has been wanting me to for...well since we met:) and I decided it would be fun to do it on my birthday. Naomi and Nanette ended up getting theirs pierced too later that day. Although we were all in different malls, we still did it "together":)

After shopping we headed home to Rawlins. Aaron was in his truck with a sleeping Braiden, and I was in my jeep with a sleeping Emma. I was very much enjoying my rare quiet drive, when I heard a loud noise and decided I better pull over and take a look. Just as I saw Aaron's truck disappear over a hill, I realize the jeeps front right tire had popped. It was only a second later I tried to call Aaron; my heart sank when I realized I had no cell phone service. I was trying so hard not to cry as I wondered how long I'd be stuck there. But was forced to calm down when Emma started to cry. I figured he'll eventually realize I'm not there and come find me. The next thing I knew Aaron's truck was backing up on the shoulder of the freeway. It was a big sigh of relief to see him coming to me rescue.

(Our Caravan parked on the side of the freeway)



Luckily I had my camera to document the moment :)

(We were so happy both of the kids slept through the entire ordeal)

My hero!!!


We finally made it home around 6:30. Aaron made me a very yummy pork chop dinner, and then we had cake. It was so weird to have only Aaron singing to me, (I ended up singing too, it was just too quiet:) All Braiden was interested in was blowing out the candles ;0)


Braiden was a big help blowing out the candles. You know your getting older when the candles take up most of the cake. I think I'll make a really big cake next year so I won't feel so old when they are all lit. :)
I hurried and whipped up this cake when we got home. It was a quick decorating job, and all I cared about was that it tasted yummy!:)

Braiden thought it was yummy too! :) So cute!


Me and my presents!
My day ended with both of the kids sleeping and me and my hubby curled up on the couch watching a movie together. Me favorite! I had such an awesome day! Thanks Aaron, Braiden and Emma for making me feel special on my big day! I love you! happy birthday to me!



2 comments:

Nanette said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great day, minus the flat tire. Luckily Aaron was close by to change it for you. Your present is at Mom's house.

Becca said...

I didn't know none of you had your ears pierced!