The bassinet that we are going to be using for the first little while was for my Aunt Nanette. It's the same one that my mom used for all of us kids, and Nanette used it for Ethan and Logan. Now it's Braiden's turn. We had to make a new mattress for it but other than that it's in pretty good condition. My mom showed me how to make this cover for it. Now all I need is my little boy to put in it.
This last weekend I went on a little trip with my parents to Idaho to visit my Grandparents. It was a lot of fun, and my Mom and I were even able to squeeze a little shopping in to the trip. I was on a hunt for the perfect baby crib set, but didn't have any luck. But I did find plenty of other cute things. These are my favorite!...

We'd only been in Babies R Us for two seconds, when we
saw this bib on a rack. I immediately put it in the cart. It was
one of Aaron's favorite things that I bought (imagine that :)

There is no way that I could have passed up this
little sweater. The lady at the store said that she likes to call
them "Mr. Rogers' sweaters". So Cute!

A little hat : ) He'll look just like Daddy in it.

My Mom and I weren't too impressed with the Osh Cosh
store we went into, but I did find this cute white church shirt
onsie and I couldn't resist. : )

Up until this point I hadn't bought any shoes. Partly because it was the only thing I resisted buying before we knew if we were having a boy or a girl, and partly because it always seems like the boy section is so much smaller than the girl. But not at these stores!!! Shoes may seem kind of a pointless thing before your kid can even walk...but I'm a sucker for cuteness and there was no way I could pass these up!




6 comments:
You're really getting good at making your own patterns and sewing them up! I sure hope Braiden doesn't weigh 10 pounds or some of the clothes you bought won't fit and that will be a shame! Just kidding. I'm sure he won't be weigh more than 9 and 1/2.
your so creative and crafty. I am jealous.
What great finds!! I love getting a good deal! Also, I wish I had your talent when it came to sewing, my mom taught my other sisters to sew, but I think I was too 'cool' for that at the time and now I wish I hadn't been such a stubborn teenager.
Little boys definitely need a "mr. rogers" sweater, because for the first few months they look like little, old men! It is adorable. I am glad that you are having a lot of fun getting ready for Braiden. It is a very exciting time for you guys.
Ha ha thanks MOM!
Katie,
I love the liners you made for the baskets. I think you are so creative and talented and wish I had some of your skills!
Post a Comment