Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Canasta is addicting!

My Parents are visiting Aaron and I in Rawlins this week! My Dad had some vacation time and heck I wouldn't call Rawlins a vacation spot but were not complaining at all. Last weekend When Aaron and I went to Smithfield for the fourth of July, unknowingly we started a canasta turnament. It was my Mom and Me against my Dad and Aaron. The guys beat us so bad it was rediculous! So of course being the competitve girls that we are we demanded a rematch! And we got it yesterday. But when we won of course a tie breaker was nessisary! Were thinking about going to 20,000 or something. I wonder how that is going to go. How come it is that Canasta is so addicting? Isn't it supposed to be an old lady game? And why do you want to keep playing even after an extremely bad hand? I spent one of the games muttering under my breath how much I hated it, but of course when its over we shuffle the cards and play again. Why is that? Maybe we need to take on something else. Anyone up for uno for jobs?:)

6 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

Is consata a new mexican food or type of pinata. Sounds good to me...LOL. Anyway, glad your having fun with the visitors.

Nanette said...

Do you mean conasta? ...Just teasing you! I am glad you guys are having so much fun. Mom and Dad need to come stay at my house for a week... well, I guess I live to close to their house. Anyways, I can't wait to see you again. We tried to potty train Ethan today. It was so funny!

Melanie said...

I think she's making fun of me on Percocet playing canasta by saying consata. Remember you and Dad losing so bad the last night and you were so mad and you were laughing hysterically and said the only reason you were laughing was because you were so mad? Too funny. You guys got your revenge though!

Kent said...

You would think that after Wednesday, we would have been sick of Canasta. However, the next night we played until 2 in the morning. This time, the teams were Mom and Aaron against Katie and I. I think that it will be a while before we play it again.

Sunshine said...

Just so you know I had to look up the definition of that game. Sounds like fun. I am sure my brother had his moments too...he sure is competitive... doesn't run in the family at all... ;) your kids are screwed.

Cevin & Sara Cram Family said...

Thanks. I was up there when I wrote that blog and I was having a really rough week. Didn't help that aunt flo was there either. My husband and you guys were the best part about it. I so hope that I didn't offend you with that post. You guys were just awesome with me and the kids. You especially Katie, very much appreciated.