Thursday, June 26, 2008
The Long/Short month of June
Man time sure flies when you are having fun....Or when you aren't paying attention. It's almost been a whole month since I have written, but to me in some ways it doesn't seem that long. This month has been so nice. Summer finally decided to show up in the middle of June. It's about time! The weather here has finally reached almost ninety and neither Aaron or I am complaining! Even though our grass is fried and our faces are peeling from sunburns we are happy! Two weeks ago we were able to go camping with our family at cinnamon creek and it was so much fun. Aaron, Nanette and Chris tried to introduce me to the art of fishing. I can sum up the whole experience in one word...Boring. OK, OK I probably didn't give it my best shot. The fish weren't really interested and so I lost interest pretty quick. I was just telling Nanette that I don't have the greatest patience with that kind of stuff and it's not a lie. I even tried to close my eyes and picture myself catching a fish. You know the whole "visualizing and then doing thing?" ya doesn't work. Although my wishing for a big burger instead of an actual fish probably didn't help. Hopefully next time I can have better luck. We are hoping to go camping on fourth of July weekend so maybe things will work out. Anyone have any pointers? I'd appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i bet if you went to a fish farm you could get a fish! LOL. That would be fun to go camping 4th of July weekend. We will have to talk to mom.
Yay! Finally a new post! I don't like to fish either, but I sure like to eat them!
My suggestion for fishing - go to the store and buy your fish in the meat section. Or better yet, Skippers restaurant makes a mean fish platter. And even better than that - All you can eat Shrimp-fest at Red Lobster in October.
Post a Comment