Thursday, July 22, 2010

Winnemucca NV, 2010


HOW MY FAMILY ENDED UP IN WINNEMUCCA NEVADA...

Friday July 16th we had the car all loaded up ready to make a quick one night trip to Utah. We arrived at my parents house that night around 10:00. Saturday we had plans to fix the steering pump on the jeep then head back to Wyoming that afternoon so that I could be at church on Sunday for primary. Everything went well with the jeep Saturday, and our plan was turning out just like we thought it would. About half an hour before we were ready to leave to go home Aaron got a call from his boss. I was talking to my parents and Aaron pulls me aside and says he needs to talk to me for a second...(thoughts of him being laid off, and "oh crap he saw I went to Wal-mart" ;) went through my mind. The latter not being near as bad as the first.) It was then that he told me they needed him to work in Winnem...somewhere in Nevada for a week, and he would love it if we went with him. So we finished packing up the car and headed to Wyoming (because Aaron hadn't brought any of the tools he needed) and we were off on our two day driving...fun. Luckily my parents offered to take Braiden with them over night to spare him the first part of the driving experience. 5 hours to Rawlins Wyoming (Stayed up until midnight + packing), early church the next morning, 5 hours to Ogden to pick up Braiden, 6 hours to good ol' Winnemucca Nevada....Fun....Not so much. I think we were all in tears, or really close by the time we arrived at 11:00 that night.


Braiden and I hang out in the Motel during the day and wait for Aaron to get home from work. With the temperature in the 100's it's too hot to venture outside. Braiden doesn't seem to mind though. Everything can be turned into fun when your only 15 months, anything can become the funnest game or his new favorite toy. His latest is to pretend things are keys and try and unlock everything with it. If the walls had hidden doors he'd be the first to find them!

Luckily the room has a little alcove thing in the bathroom behind a sliding door. Just the perfect size for his crib, so we've haven't had any problem with naps and disrupting braiden's schedual. He's so cute even when he sleeps I couldn't resist taking a picture! :)

This is the day I found out that Braiden loves "spongebob square pants", who would of thought? We'd bought him this chair the day before for our camping trip in August and he loves it! Just chillin' eating his poptart and watching spongebob. :)

Today is Aaron's last day working here and it will be back to Rawlins for us. Luckily we have a little more time to make the trip and we can stop in Utah for a few nights before we make the last stretch to Wyoming. Hopefully that will help bring less tears and more patience on our trip ;) Now I can say I've been to Winnemucca Nevada (not that any one knows where it is) But at least they have a Wal-mart! :)

3 comments:

The Van Tassell's said...

Hey, any town that has a walmart is doing pretty good, right? :) Lol, Braiden is so cute and that's funny that he loves spongebob squarepants! I can't believe he's even old enough to pay attention to the tv or a movie or anything, it's crazy how time flies! I'm SUPER excited for our camping trip!! :) Yay!

suzy said...

Congrats on having a girl!! How perfect, one of each. Now next time you can relax cause you'll have clothes for a kid no matter what it is.
I love being able to go with Joey on business trips. Especially hanging out in a hotel all day with the kids. No laundry, no worries. Just playing.

Nanette said...

Lucky. I've never been to Winnemucca. :) LOL. At least it was only for a week. It will make you appreciate Rawlins more.