Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NEW YORK CITY!

This last week Aaron and I took off for the big apple. It's been four years since Aaron was there serving a mission, and it was fun to go back with him and see where he was and let him show me where he lived for two years.

The best picture I could get to describe how Busy and crowded with taxi's New York is. And it really shows why all of the tourists look up while they walk.

The famous bull in the financial district in New York. The first thing I thought when I saw it was,"that's the bull from Hitch!" I'm sure it's much more famous than that :)

We ate a lot of great food in New york! The pizza was amazing! I couldn't get enough of it. (top:) Me waiting for my food at a really great restaurant called "Juniors" right across from the broad way theaters. (Bottom:) Some of the best pizza I had in New York, from the first day we were there.

...A view of a lot of the broad way posters in Time Square...
We saw four shows while we were there. The Addams family, Memphis (winner of the tony for best new broad way show), Lend me a Tenor, and Billy Elliot.

Belvadere Castle in central park. It was beautiful; it's surrounded by a unique garden called Shakespeare's garden. It was a fun little find in the big 800+ acres of central park.





Aaron and I at the Empire State building. What a spectacular view!


It poured rain the whole second day we were in New york. We didn't care though, we had a blast eating Popsicle in the park! :)


Aaron at "S'mac" mac 'n' cheese restaurant. They had amazing macaroni and cheese in this fun little nook of a restaurant. It took a little time to find, but it was definitely worth it.


The statue of LIBERTY!


Amazingly talented performers in Battery Park!


Our Final night in New York we had an amazing meal with friends and it was the perfect way to spend our last night in the Big Apple.


The yummiest cookie I've ever had. How could you not like a cookie as big as your hand and full of chocolate!


We waited two hours in line to visit the famous Carlo's bakery in New Jersey, the set of the cake boss. The pastries were very good. Next time we'll call ahead and order over the phone. This is what we found out the locals do (after the two hour wait. ) LOL in was a good experience though.

The view from the plane on the way home. I'm scared of planes but you can't beat a view from an Airplane window.

Aaron and I had a blast In New York and we hope to be able to go back and visit again in a couple of years. The best thing about the trip though was seeing Braiden's smiling face when we got back to Utah! We sure missed our little guy, and we are so glad to be back...there's no place like home!!!

3 comments:

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

What a wonderful trip for the two of you! So jealous by the way, never been to New York and we are a mere 6 hours away!!

Nanette said...

It looks like you had so much fun. Hopefully some day I will get to visit NYC. I have always wanted to see a broadway play. :)

Chris Gamble said...

Seriosly, you didn't invite me? Mean. Thanks for the shirt, I'll be wearing it today. Looks like you guys had fun.