Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grins :) and Blessings...

(A small smile from Braiden:)
Braiden has finally made it to the smiley stage and we absolutely love it. He is awake for longer periods of time, and is very interested in the world around him.
He is quick to smile and will even hold a "cooing" conversation with you. It surprised me how quickly he went from wearing size newborn clothes, to now fitting perfectly into most of him 0-3 months clothes. he has already grown almost three inches since he was born, and has gained five pounds. I think we are raising a future basketball player and this rate. And Daddy isn't complaining! :)

(Braiden in his adorable blessing outfit)
It seems so crazy that he is two months old now, and that we just had his baby blessing. It is still surreal some times for me to look down at Braiden and have the thought cross my mind that he is my son. It was an amazing experience listening to Aaron give him a blessing in Church, and to celebrate afterwards with our friends and family. Not to mention how cute Braiden looked in the little suit my Mom made for him. (THANKS MOM!)
I feel turely blesssed to have such an amazing family, and to have the opportunity now to raise one of my own along with my wonderful husband. Thanks to everyone that helped out with the luncheon! We really apprecitated it! :)

2 comments:

Nanette said...

He will start to get really fun! I love his smile. I'm so glad I was able to be there for his blessing. His outfit was darling. Mom did such a great job. I'm excited to see you guys on sunday!

Melanie said...

I love the stage he is in right now with the smiles and coos.

In the last paragraph do you mean that you're raising one of your own and raising your husband? LOL