Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun baby stuff!

A couple of weeks ago when I was looking online at baby stuff I found a really good deal on a baby bedroom set at wal-mart. It had a crib, dresser and a changing table in it. Yesterday I got an email saying that it had finally made it to the store and I could pick it up when ever I wanted. I couldn't wait so I jumped in the car and drove the short distance (over and hour) to the nearest wal-mart to us in Rocksprings. This is Aaron after him and a friend brought in the huge and heavy box it was all in...He's trying to figure out the directions after we pulled everything out of the box. It didn't take me too long to talk Aaron into putting it all together last night. I think he was just as excited as I was.
These are all of the parts to the bedroom set. It was crazy figuring out which parts went to which things, we figured it out...eventually.

Aaron working on the crib. It took us an hour to get it together. We'd like to blame it on the instructions but it was probably just us being excited and not reading them clearly.

The finished crib! We still need a mattress for it but we figure we've got time...no one needs to lay in it for about five more months. :)

This is the finished changing table. I'll probably put cute baskets on it and use it to store baby things more than I will use it to change the baby on. You don't really think to bring the baby in and lay them on a table to change them when they are stinky...at least thats me, you usually just do it, but I thought it turned out really cute.

This is the finished dresser. There are hangers all over the floor and dresser because after we made it Aaron insisted that we put the clothes inside of it. Even though we have no clue what we are having yet I let him put them in. So right now it has both boy and girl things in it. He folded each thing so cute before he would put them inside of the drawers. (Although I did notice that he was more careful with the boy clothes...What do you think he's trying to hint at?) :)

5 comments:

Melanie said...

That is so fun and exciting!I can't wait until you find out if it's a boy or girl. I wish you were having one of each!

The Dance Source said...

ha ha Aaron and i talked about that last night and we were wishing the same thing.

SMILES2ALL said...

Hey you guys are so smart to buy diapers now. Every time you go to the store you should buy a pack trust me you will use them. Can't wait to find out what you are having!!

The Van Tassell's said...

Ah, you guys are so cute! I'm so happy for you! That looks like so much fun! And they turned out very cute! :) Good job guys, I love it! And I love you! :o*

Nanette said...

I tried commenting on this yesterday, but it wouldn't let me. Anyways... that is a really cute bedroom set and so cool that you got it for so cheap. It is so exciting when you get to buys stuff for your baby. That is way funny that Aaron had to put all of the clothes in the dresser.